Guidelines to Prepare Your Motorcycle For Inspection
All motorcycles used for participation in a Motovid.com event must first be mechanically sound and in good operating condition with no leaking fluids, loose parts or otherwise items deemed unsafe for general road use/riding. Generally speaking, any properly maintained motorcycle recently serviced by a professional motorcycle mechanic would be ideal to pass tech inspection.
FOR SAFETY ALL BIKES MUST PASS TECH INSPECTION PRIOR TO PARTICIPATION CONFORMING TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Sturdy controls; handlebars, clip-ons, foot pegs, levers
- Relatively new brake pads
- Tires with NO MORE THAN 30% wear
- Tape mirrors, blinkers, taillights, head light or remove completely
- Safety wire Kickstand or remove. (ties available from Tech Inspection)
- NO leaking fluids!
BLUE GROUP ONLY
- ANY antifreeze type coolant must be removed from bike and replaced with distilled water, Water Wetter, or Engine Ice.
- OIL plug safety wired or otherwise sealed.